- My digestive tract shut down days after running a half marathon. Eating became nearly impossible. Weight fell off.
- The Mayo Clinic offered hope and a feeding tube and not much more.
- A four year odyssey of doctors visits, diets, and natural remedies ensued. I had some improvement, but no cure.
- No doctor was able to to turn my digestion back on. My weight continued to decline. I feet sick every day.
- My life changed dramatically.
- I was diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease in 2013. I thought it was the beginning of the end of illness.
- Sadly, the Lyme treatment made me even more sick. I was not able to tolerate any of the medications. We tried them all.
- Many more years of trial and error ensued.
It has been a rocky road with many twists, turns, and disappointments. But I have learned a lot along the way, and have been helped my some of the most amazing angels. My hope is to use my story to help and inspire others who may be facing a similar situation.
If I could only tell you one thing, it would be never, ever give up. Some days seemed so bleak. So dark. So hopeless. But I kept on trying. I kept on fighting. While my health is not fully restored, I am much improved, and I will never give up hope.
My hope is that my hope will rub off on you.